Main article: Pac-Mania
Spunky first appears in Pac-Mania. In the game, she is able to jump as high as Pac-Man. She is harder to avoid with jumps than Funky, but it is still possible to jump over her without being touched by her.
In-game, Spunky first appears in Jungly Steps. After passing Jungly Steps, the second loop of mazes starts, in which she begins appearing in the other three levels; but she can only jump in Sandbox Land and Jungly Steps.
Main article: Pac-Man 256
Spunky returns in Pac-Man 256, alongside Funky. She sleeps until Pac-Man gets close to her; upon being woken up by him, she will chase Pac-Man mercilessly until she falls back to sleep (or when Pac-Man eats a Power Pellet).
The Sandbox Evolution
Main article: The Sandbox Evolution
In The Sandbox Evolution, Spunky is once again seen sleeping. She will pursue Pac-Man if he wakes her up.
- Her recent "sleepy" portrayals may be based off of the Sleeping Ghosts from Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
- She is the only ghost from Pac-Mania who has no official artwork.
- According to the Pac-Mania NES manual, she is Funky's cousin.
- In pre-release footage of Pac-Man 256 seen in the game's trailer, Spunky's color is black instead of grey.
- Namco Museum Vol. 5 and Pac-Man Collection, Pac-Mania "Tips" sections
|Main Characters||Pac-Man • Ms. Pac-Man • Jr. Pac-Man • Baby Pac-Man • Professor Pac-Man • Chomp-Chomp|
|Other Characters||Miru • Sour Puss • Pac-Devil • Sir Pac-A-Lot • Pac-Master • Pac-Master's Wife • Krystal • Fairy|
|Pac-Ghosts||Blinky • Pinky • Inky • Clyde • Sue • Funky • Spunky • Kinky • Tim • Orson • Yum-Yum|
|Main Antagonists||Ghost Witch • Toc-Man • Mesmerelda • Mollusc • Spooky • Erwin • Golvis • Ink Master • Mezmeron|
|Minor Antagonists||Gobblin • Jack • Wormwood • The Fiend|
|Pac-Man Party||Mr. Cookie • Patra • Roger • Woofa • Bearserk|
|Ghostly Adventures||Pacster • Cylindria • Spiral • Betrayus • Fuzbitz • Sir Cumference • Spheros • Dr. Buttocks • Butt-ler|
|Crossovers||Pooka • Fygar • Dig Dug • Mappy • Mr. Driller • The Prince • Mario|